Friday, August 8, 2008

GRASS, GRASS,GRASS!!!






Our grass is finally in!!!!! This has been a long project and we are so happy to be done with it-well almost, we were 300 feet short on sod and hopefully it should come next week. I think we will wait on trees and flowers until next year, because we are so late into the season now. We started working on our yard at the beginning of the summer. We were ready for top soil and grass and then Chris went to Africa and all of the weeds grew back. So for the past 2 weeks we have been busting our butts to get the grass in. We have been working in the yard the past week until about 9pm every night and the reward is so worth it!

I have to give a lot of credit to Chris! He did most of the work to get the yard ready for grass and he's not even here to enjoy it. The curbing was poured yesterday at about 8:30am. Our sod was supposed to be delivered by 1pm, but didn't come until 5pm. Chris left to go work in Canada last night so we took him to the airport right after the sod was delivered. He really wanted to lay the sod down, so he layed one strip down and then I took him to the airport. I had a lot of help from our family laying the sod, so thank you to everyone that helped! I am sure that Chris will love it when he comes home!

And I finally got to put my metal U of U in the yard!

8 comments:

Snell Family said...

You guys did a great job, it looks really good.

Kindra said...

Wow! What a difference sod can make. It has that "finishing touch" look now. Good job you guys!

tracy layne said...

its booooootiful!! I love new grass. Looks so so nice!

Ariel said...

That looks awesome Amber! I love it. How very exciting for you guys.

Tara said...

your yard looks great!!! :)

dusty kay said...

Its such a relief to get sod in! And its so much work. You are totally awesome having it still delivered while Chris is gone. I was wondering why he had nice clothes on with the sod laying around!!

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Lookin Good! That is SUCH hard work...I know! I bet it's such a relief to have it done...good for you guys! And by the way, your house so is cute!

Hey, I know you don't have kiddies YET...but I thought I'd still invite you to a children's book show...check out my blog for the info! I would love to have you come! Let me know if you'd be interested. Later!

Thueson Family :) said...

It looks GREAT!!! Nice job!!