Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Change

Change:
To cause to be different
To give a completely different form or appearance to
To interchange
To exchange for or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
To switch: change methods; change sides
To become different or undergo alteration
To undergo transformation or transition
To go from one phase to another

Different, Transform, go from one phase to another-that is change and I have a hard time with it! Some things are changing in my life right now and I don't think that I'm handling it well. I live in my bubble and like things the way they are. I like my routine. I know that change can be good and it can make things better but that still doesn't make it easy.


What I have learned about change is that it is going to happen, whether I like it or not, I have no control over it. What I do have control over is my attitude! My attitude not only affects me, but the others around me. It can change the whole outcome of whatever is changing. I have also learned that I can only control myself and there's no point worrying about others.

I have changed my attitude in the past couple of days about the changes occurring. I know that once the changes are done, new "routine" will be in place and all will be well again. Until then my cheesy "Everything is great" grin will be on my face!

2 comments:

Sly Family said...

I agree that change can be difficult. I moved about ten months ago and the first couple of nights I just cried, but now I love where I am at and do not want to ever again. I don't like change at all.

Jenny said...

Hey Amber,

Wow it has been a long time since I have talked to anyone from high school, except for katy and Michelle and Jessica. I am so happy that you found my blog. About your post, change is so crazy sometimes. I find as a I get older and gain more responsibilities (ie Job, Family, Kids... etc) change is going to happen wether we like it or not:). Its all how we deal with and make the best of it... its so crazy. :)

keep in touch.

Jenny and family