Thursday, May 3, 2012

Parking Lot Game

I might have a slight addiction to Pinterest, but I find so many great things on there. I came across THIS idea and knew that Conner would love it because he loves cars. Conner is too young for words right now though, so I thought I would tweak it and do letters and numbers instead. I made the game this morning and Conner loves playing it-he played for maybe 15 minutes before he wanted to do something else! He is really good at his letters but we need to work on his numbers! 

So the first thing I did was fold plain old white printing paper into the size of squares that I wanted. Then I folded the paper down the middle to get the lines of the road. Then I traced the lines I needed with a black sharpie. I used this as the template. I placed the template under another sheet of white paper and just traced over my lines again and repeated on all of the papers. Then I used some stickers that I already had and put the letters and numbers on the paper. I had 1 blank page and just put stickers on that page to say beep beep! And then I laminated all of the pages.

To play the game, I just say find letter B and then hopefully he finds it! Or find number 3! I showed him once how to drive the car down the road to the letter and he knew what to do from then on. 

Notes: I used the front and back of each paper to cut down on the amount of paper that I was using. And I already had the stickers so I just used those, but you could always just write the letters and numbers on if you like your handwriting-I hate mine! 


 These are the stickers that I used. I got them years ago at Michaels. 

This is showing how to play. 


No comments: