Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy

Yes, here I am blogging on vacation! I took a nap before dinner so I'm not really tired and my hubby is sick and sleeping, so here I am. I have a few things on my mind, so here it goes.

Having a boy and a family has been on my mind a lot the past week. When we were first trying to get pregnant we pretty much knew that we were going to have a girl, so I got really geared up for a girl. We had the name picked out, I had the nursery decorated in my mind and then we found out that we were having a boy. I was depressed at first and sad. But the past week or so I have been really happy that we are having a boy. Girls are drama and high maintenance and I don't think that I am ready to have a daughter at this point in my life. Chris is getting excited to teach our boy how to play baseball and other sports. I have already told Chris that he gets to potty train him, I just can't do it!

I have felt Conner move around lots and Chris and my dad have been able to feel him as well. It is really cool to know that my child is growing inside of me and will be here in a few short months. I am not going to lie, I am terrified!!! I know that my whole life is going to change and that my relationship with Chris is going to change and it scares me. I am afraid of being solely responsible for another human being and providing for that being and that freaks me out! I worry that I won't be a good enough mom, but I know that Chris will be an amazing dad. I worry about what things to teach him and how to teach him those things.

Aside from all of my worries and fears, I feel truly blessed to be experiencing this pregnancy and experience. I turn 25 this year and thought that by now I would be done having kids. But I am glad that things are happening at this point in my life. I am anxious to start this next phase in our life and I am very excited to meet our son!



4 comments:

dusty kay said...

Amber...you are going to be a great mom. Every mom wonders everyday if they are good enough. I'm glad you are getting excited about having a boy. Boys LOVE their mom's. They are so tender and loving. Jakson is ALL boy, but at the end of the day, he's still a momma's boy. Girls are so sweet and loving too, but yes they can be drama....You'll be great with both! You and Chris will go through a change, I'm positive it will be for the good. Good luck Amber...you'll be great. :)

Jessica T. said...

Although I don't know you that well, I know Chris, and he wouldn't have anything less than the best... so that says a lot for you. Your both going to be amazing parents!

Mollie and Jason said...

WELL I AM VERY EXCITED TO MEET MY FUTURE SON IN LAW:)

The Vigil's said...

Good for you! Boys are the best especially at first. I was bummed when i found out we were having a boy for our first as well. But it was such a blessing...I don't think I could have handled a girl for the first. Things do happen for a reason. I'm happy for you guys. :)