Thursday, October 6, 2011

Realizations

So I've been a Stay At Home Mom for about 3 weeks now. I have finally realized that I am no longer a working mom (well employed outside of the home mom). I got my last pay check from my employer today yet still haven't received my first paycheck from my new job! So far...

I love:
-doing what I want when I want
-sleeping in
-getting ready when I want
-playing with Conner as much as possible
-being the one to brush his teeth, get him dressed, feed him, play with him and not having to ask someone else what he did all day
-getting to see HIM! I don't know how to really explain this one. I know my kid, but it's different to be around him all day and to see the silly things that he does and says all of the time.

I don't like:
-being bored. I love being with Conner but sometimes adults are nice to be around too. We also stay home a lot. Maybe I need to be more creative and come up with things for us to do, especially since the weather just got ugly.
-our schedule right now. I like my me-time in the morning, so he's been sleeping in until around 10am. But then he's up until about 10pm, which cuts into my time with Chris. So I need to fix our schedule.
-feeling like I have to do it all (with Conner and the house) because I have the time and I don't work anymore.

I'm still adjusting to this. But I'm liking it so far! I still think that Chris and I made the right decision and for the first time in a long time I can say that I"M HAPPY!!!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Just made me tear up a little. I'm happy that you're happy.

Joelle said...

Yea for good decisions! Congrats and don't sweat it with the schedule, it will all figure itself out eventually. Enjoy your time

Ariel said...

Oh Amber I am so glad that you get to be home with your little man. I am so happy that you are happy! I'm sure it will take a bit for you guys to get into a routine but you will get there.

Jen said...

I'm so happy that you're happy too! You are so lucky that you are able to stay home, I would love for that! Treasure every moment...