Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Eye Boogers

Since we brought Conner home from the hospital his right eye constantly has eye boogers in it and occasionally gets sealed shut. I have to take a Q-tip and clean it. So we called the pediatrician and they worked him in today. The doctor said that he has a blocked tear duct. It should open on it's own. If it doesn't open by age 1 they have to surgically go in and open it, but this doesn't happen often. And since we were there they did Conner's 2 week well
check and everything looks perfect!

At 2 weeks Conner:
~Weighs 6 pounds 11 ounces (25th percentile)
~Is still 19.5 inches long (50th percentile)
~Drinks 2 ounces every 3-4 hours
~Sleeps in about 4 hour increments
~Occasionally squeaks when he breathes
~Has smiled a few times (I know, it's the gas)
~Has made his mom and dad so happy!!!

And because I can, a photo!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Love it!

Jess said...

Isn't it the funnest thing in the world being a mom?!

The Deviny's said...

Rowan does the squeaky breathing thing still sometimes...I love it! I'm glad the little man is doing so well. I hope his booger eye problem goes away soon =)

Chris F said...

i had a blocked tear duct and its still screwed up to this day. However, on my other eye, the duct is wide enough to blow air through. True Story.

The Vigil's said...

That picture is soo cute! yeah jake had blocked tear ducts in both eyes. It took about 2 full weeks for them to open on their own, but after that he was fine! Conner will be fine i'm sure. He is very cute :)

Jessica T. said...

Makes me smile!