Friday, June 5, 2009

25 Weeks

So today I hit the 25 week mark! I had an appointment on Wednesday and I am measuring good and Conner's heartbeat was 144bmp, which is good. However, the doc is worried about my weight and wants me to gain 3 pounds by next appointment, which is July 1st. I don't want to eat fat and crap for the next month so I'm going to bump up the protein and eat more frequently and gain weight the healthy way (that sounds funny to me)!

The past week I have really been able to feel my stomach getting bigger, although in pictures I think it appears smaller. And I have been able to feel Conner move around a lot! In 3 weeks I enter the third trimester which seems crazy to me! But that means we are closer to meeting our son and having him here! Chris is out of town but should be home next week and we are finally going to start painting and getting the nursery ready! I will post pics when it's done, but that won't be for a while (we still have to get a crib, dresser, rocking chair and decorations). And I will post a picture of me as soon as I can. I forgot my camera today and Chris has our laptop!

4 comments:

The Bells said...

Yeah! 25 weeks; what an accomplishment!My weight really started coming on about that time, hopefully yours will too! Excited to meet tomorrow for lunch:)

The Deviny's said...

Prepare for the belly to grow and grow and grow until you think it can't grow anymore, and then it grows some more =)Good luck with the weight gain. I really started gaining around 25 weeks too. My Doc told me to eat 80-100 grams of protein a day, it totally helped with the weight gain.

Jessica T. said...

Yay... 25 weeks, you are on the down slope now... Can't wait to see that nursery!

Tara said...

My doctor said the exact same thing and to be honest, you really start gaining it naturally. (Or at least I did) around 27-30 weeks without eating any extra. We are about the same size, and up to today (42 weeks) I've gained 36-38 pounds. So I think you are right on track. :)