Thursday, April 19, 2012

Projects

Just a warning but this post is totally random!

It might be the fact that I'm nearing my 3rd trimester in this pregnancy and the "nesting" phase has began or the fact that I'm home all day and need something to do, but here are some organizing and other fun projects that we have done lately.

Photo Wall-I have wanted to do a photo wall for awhile and finally got around to doing it a couple of months ago. I decided to do all black and white photos to keep it classier. All of the frames are from Ikea and the 2 canvas prints are from Canvas People. We started laying the frames out on the floor in front of our couch, but then just started hanging them up and I love the way it turned out!
Bean Bag-Another project that I have wanted to do since before Christmas was to make Conner a bean bag. My friend April helped me out in making this and we used THIS tutorial. Conner loves this bean bag and uses it everyday! Huge thanks to April for helping me sew it!
I have a small kitchen and lots of baking stuff. I used to keep my baking sheets in my kitchen island and there was a battle every single time I needed to get one out. So I decided to rearrange my whole kitchen last week. I moved the baking sheets under my sink and the battle is no more! Too bad that it's taken 5 years of living in this house to figure out they fit better under the sink!
I also have the worlds smallest linen closet and lots of towels. So the same day I did the kitchen, I decided to try rolling up the towels to see if they fit better. Sure enough, they did!
And they look pretty!

Our next project-Braxton's Nursery!!!

1 comment:

Justin and Toshi said...

WOW! Look at you go...talk about getting things done! I wish I had the energy - more so motivation to get projects done around my house!