Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a wonderful Christmas this year and feel so blessed to be surrounded by great friends and family that spoiled us! I was a little bummed out this Christmas Season because I had great plans to do fun and exciting Christmasy things all during December (like The Polar Express, Lights at Thanksgiving Point, Temple Lights and Sugarhouse Christmas Street) but Chris was in Poland up until the Thursday night before Christmas. We were able to do a couple fun things and it was nice to spend time together and time with our family! I hope that next year we will be able to have Chris home and do more fun things, but we will have a 5 month old so we will see what happens! Here are the highlights and lots of pictures!

Friday: Dinner at Little America with my family. We were supposed to go to Temple Square after dinner, but Chris was still on Poland time and was exhausted, so while my family went to Temple Square, we went home and went to bed.

Saturday: I finished making our neighbor gifts and while I made peanut butter fudge, I watched my boys out the window delivering our neighbor gifts-so cute! We finished wrapping gifts, exchanged gifts with our good friends The Lockes and had a surprise visit from The Snells. I had planned on making sugar cookies for Santa with Conner, but lost energy and decided not to do it. I feel bad about this, but Conner is still young and doesn't really get it anyways, but for sure next year!

Sunday: We got to spend the morning at our house this year and opened our family gifts to each other. Conner was up at 8am and ready to go! It was so nice to take our time, eat breakfast and do our own thing. In the early afternoon we went to Chris's sister's house and exchanged gifts with his side of the family. We attempted to get a picture with all of the cousins and did an OK job! After a quick lunch, we headed to my sister's house. We opened some of our gifts, then paused to make dinner, then continued opening gifts after dinner.

Monday: We met all of my cousins and their kids at my Grandmas house and exchanged gifts and had a yummy dinner there. It's so nice to see all of my cousins, I only wish we saw each other more.


We feel so blessed for all that we have and to have such wonderful people in our lives! We are very excited for 2012 and our new addition coming in July! We hope you all had a wonderful Season and that you have a Happy New Year as well!

1 comment:

mallorymallorah said...

Sounds like a fun Holiday Seasn. There is never enough time to do it all, we didn't get to do any activities this year either :( Hopefully next year! ps. show us your baby bump!