Thursday, September 16, 2010

Grandpa Okeys Funeral

Chris' grandpa, Okey Gillespie, passed away on August 28th at the age of 92 years old. Chris was pretty close to him and for as long as I can remember visited him at least once a year. As people were talking him at his funeral I realized that Chris is a lot like his grandpa. They are both hard workers, like to build things, have a love for the outdoors, will drop anything to help others and love their families. When Conner was just a couple months old we drove to Vegas and introduced Conner to him. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait for Chris to tell Conner about it one day. We love and miss you grandpa!

My Little Family
The Gillespie Family
Folding The Flag
Giving the flag to Grandma

1 comment:

The Vigil's said...

My great grandpas'name was Okey! And we have an okie :) sorry I just had to throw that out there :)