Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Week and Ambers Pie Story

We have had such a fun and busy week! It started Tuesday when we went with my family downtown to see the lights at Temple Square. It was cold and started to snow while we were there, but the lights were amazing! Christmas Eve we spent with Chris' family. We had a yummy ham dinner and enjoyed spending time with the family. Christmas morning we also spent with Chris' family. Maddy (Chris's niece) got a new puppy! It was fun to see the puppy and watch Maddy open all of her gifts. Then we were off to my parents house for our annual Crepe breakfast.

Here is the pie story-Christmas afternoon I had to bake 2 pies, mashed potatoes and rolls for dinner. About halfway through baking everything our power went out! I was yelling and was so mad! So I called my grandma to see if we could finish the baking at her house and she said yes. So I packed everything into the car. The last thing I grabbed was the pies. The pumpkin pie was in liquid form at this point. The pies were on a baking sheet so I placed them on a towel and headed to the car. I couldn't open the the door so I waited for Chris to come and open it for me. As I was waiting, a huge gust of wind came and blew the foil off the pumpkin pie and into my face. I didn't think anything of it and just placed the foil back on the pie. Chris opened my door and I got in and the set the pies on the middle console of the car and looked in the mirror to fix my hair. When I looked in the mirror I realized that the wind had blown pumpkin pie all over my face, hair, coat and sweater! All Chris and I could do was laugh at me! I had to change and we were almost late getting to my parents for dinner, but we made it. The worst part was that after dinner everyone was too full for pie, but after all that I had gone through to make the pies I made them eat it!

Christmas night we had dinner at my parents house. We got to talk to my brother who is on his mission and we finished opening presents. I had to work Friday but when I was off we had dinner at my grandmas house with all of my cousins, aunts and uncles. Some of them live out of state so it was great to see them! Then on Sunday we had The Annual Brand Family Party (my dads side of the family). Christmas is the only time that I get to see many of my extended family, so it was nice to have most of them there. We had tons of food, the gift exchange and lots of fun!

That sums up our week of festivities. We had a great Christmas and thank everyone for making it so memorable!

3 comments:

Snell Family said...

At least the pie didn't fall to the ground, that's what I thought you were going to say! It sounds like you had a fun and busy Christmas. I bet it was nice talking to your brother knowing he's going to be coming home soon.

Heather said...

I am glad you had a good Christmas! Good thing you found out about the pie on your face before other people saw it. I think your pie story is so funny! I laughed at work when I read it. Poor Amber!

Just T said...

Gotta love the holiday stories!! Glad you had a good Christmas!